DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY HEADQUARTERS, 1ST BATTALION, 22ND INFANTRY REGIMENT,4TH INFANTRY DIVISION
21 November 1944
SUBJECT: Combat Operation After Action Report (U)
TO: See Distribution
1.(U) Name of Operation: Operation Queen (Toward to Vossenack. Phase II.)
2. (U) Date of Operation: 191200 to 201500 November 1944.
3. (U) Location: Hurtgen Forrest (AT 500 200), Vossenack-Hurtgen district, Germany; Map references: Map Scale 1:50,000, Series L7014, Sheets 6739 I, 6739 IV.
4. (C) Control and Command Headquarters: HEADQUARTERS, 1ST BATTALION, 22ND INFANTRY REGIMENT, 4TH INFANTRY DIVISION
5. (U) Reporting Officers: CO of Able Company, 1/22nd Inf.
6. (C) Organization:a. 1st Platoon, Co A, 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry (4th ID)
7. (C) Supporting Forces:a. 20th Field Artillery Battalion – provided suppressive fires to destroy the enemy and relieve enemy pressure in Hurtgen Forrest. b. 4th ID recon – provided reconnaissance missions in the Hurtgen Forrest.